We are constantly improving and advancing in our theoretical research, product development, value proposition, market research, etc. Since this requires a lot of work, we are always looking for people that want to join us in our journey to a better future. Are you interested in working for us or are you looking for an internship, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be part of the team that is redefining plastic recycling and accelerating the shift to a circular economy? Veridis is developing a novel technology that drastically improves the quality control process of recycled plastics, enabling the re-use of plastic in high-end applications. Increasing the commercial value of plastic and thus increasing the profitability of recycling companies, and taking care that less plastic is burned as waste.
Veridis has an open position for an experienced deeptech/cleantech business developer to scout market opportunities, define market- and customer- propositions and realize business deals. Your core job is closing business deals with customers for which you set up and maintain sales, develop new markets and drive the marketing activities) while helping take our company forward and help define and execute the company strategy.
What do you get out of this?
You’ll join a dynamic team of young and enthusiastic people, experience a start-up environment, and are able to have a major impact on the business and the industry of plastic recycling solutions. Your remuneration will in the first instance be in shareholding until sufficient seed funding has been obtained. The amount of remuneration is negotiable.
We work closely with pilot partners/clients to build innovative analytical solutions driving change in the current plastics industry, and as a business developer you are responsible for the following components:
• Drive sales and develop relationships with potential customers
• Manage relationships with current clients and partners
• Develop new strategic partnerships
• Develop and implement the go-to-market and sales strategy
• Pursue new markets and establish a company beachhead position in them
• Build/expand/improve the business development team
• Assistance to the CEO & CBO in the fundraising process and business planning
• Business forecasting and reporting management
• 5-7 years of experience in business development for high-capex equipment is a must-have
• Deep experience in deep-tech/high-tech/cleantech industry
• High sense of urgency and drive to deliver business results in a dynamic environment
• Experience in working with a variety of stakeholders
• Data-driven, logical communicator
• Highly organized and results-oriented
• Strong leadership skills, business acumen and strategic planning
• Strong prioritization skills, including leading multiple initiatives at the same time
• Strong analytical skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or related field, having an MSc.(+) education is preferred
• Fluency in English
• (Almost) full-time availability
• Location of employment either the Eindhoven or Amsterdam area
• Travelling 25% of the time, mainly in the Netherlands at the start (less during COVID)
• High level of academic achievement at degree level.
• Strong business judgment, proven ability to influence others
• Additional European language such as Dutch, German or French
• Experience in fundraising
• Strong interpersonal skills and outstanding public speaker
• Motivated to fully understand the technical properties of the Veridis customer offering in order to be a knowledgeable business partner for Veridis customers
Send your motivation letter and curriculum vitae (CV) to Nigel Visser, CEO of Veridis at email@example.com
Veridis is an equal opportunity-affirmative action employer.
Veridis is a deep-tech startup developing a novel instrument to improve quality control in plastic recycling: MAssive DSC ANalysis (MADSCAN). This MADSCAN technology is based on Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), a thermal analysis technique. DSC can be used to analyse plastics/polymers to give a material characterisation (material type, degradation, etc.). With our MADSCAN technology we scale up the sample size of a DSC by a factor 100.000. This allows us to give a representative analysis of large batches of plastics, thereby increasing the relevance to the recycling industry. With this method we are able to analyse dark plastics, detect material degradation, and most importantly we directly increase the commercial value of recycled plastics.
Veridis has the ambitious goal to create a better future through science and technology. We are trying to create a place of work where scientists and engineers can develop technical opportunities for the benefit of society and climate. To achieve these objectives we are offering an internship with flexible working hours, an informal atmosphere, and a lot of independence and responsibility.
As a mechanical engineer you will be working in a multidisciplinary team on the design and the realisation of the proof of concept and prototype. This will be used by industry partners and customers. The engineering development will mainly focus on the design and manufacturing of the sample chambers for the thermal analysis of the plastics, a closed nitrogen based flushing system to create an inert atmosphere in the sample chambers, and the complete system frame and how to fit all components (heating elements, sample chambers, DAQ, etc.) together as a whole. Since a startup is an incredibly dynamic environment there will be any number of challenges that will allow you to learn and contribute in different ways as well.
This internship assignment will allow you to have an impact on the improvement of plastic recycling and therefore on the circular transition as a whole. Because of the multidisciplinary startup environment you will learn a lot from different disciplines. And most importantly, you will develop your engineering skills a lot by working independently on a challenging project with the rest of the team to give unique insights to help you. Finally, if the internship works out well we are always interested to consider extending your stay with us or even taking you on board as an employee.
You are a creative and curious person who is not afraid of a challenge and working with the inherent uncertainty that novel technological development brings. You like taking initiative and contributing new ideas about how to improve. Also, critical thinking and the ability to relate instrument requirements to design choices are instrumental. Furthermore, we expect from you; knowledge/experience with structural design and CAD-software (we are currently using Fusion360/Inventor), knowledge of pump techniques and actuators, and generally (some degree of) engineering project experience. Additionally, since DSC is a thermal analysis technique an interest and/or experience in thermal engineering is desired.
We are very flexible in time requirements; we would like to fill the internship position full time, but part time is also possible with the right time management.
• CAD-software experience
• Experience with manufacturing design